Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:55:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr
Cc:        dwcjr@inethouston.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA errors on recent -current

On 15 Apr, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>> > I updated to -current today and am now getting these errors
>> >
>> > ad0: READ command timeout tag=1 serv=1 - resetting
>> > ata0: resetting devices .. ad0: invalidating queued requests
>> > done
>>
>> Turn off tagged queing. S?ren knows about this error and tries to
>> reproduce it (but fails as far as I know).
>
> I've seen this quite a few times, but I can't reliably reproduce it
> yet.  It seems to hit me a lot when the ad0 drive spins like crazy
> doing stuff that is heavy on disk I/O.  Disabling tag queueing now to
> see if this fixes things.  But even if it does, I think I should
> enable it again and help S?ren track this down, if I can.

There are a lot of people which want to help him...

First I got it only once (as you in a heavy disk I/O situation). After
another new world I got it at every boot...

Some people see this after the "mega" MFC on -stable too.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
     teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.