Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:30:58 +0100
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NTPD in upcoming release?

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 12:05:56PM +1000, Andy Farkas wrote:
> We are in code 'slush' mode - the freeze doesn't happen until the 15th.
>
> BIND, binutils, file, and groff have all been updated during the slush,
> why not ntpd.

Code usually spends some time in -current before being merged to
-stable, the aim being to iron out the worst of any problems which
might arise. Ntpd hasn't yet been imported into -current, so it's
unlikely it will make it into -stable.

The new version of ntpd also uses OpenSSL for crypto stuff, so
something has still to be figured out for people who can't use
OpenSSL for some reason.

	David.