Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:49:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>, Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unrar doesn't work under current

On 18-Dec-2002 (07:33:03/GMT) Kris Kennaway wrote:

>> But what about rar/unrar ports that overwrite one each other?

> I don't know what you mean here.

Try to install /usr/ports/archivers/{rar,unrar} in any order...
And then (or even better, before then) look at installed files:

# cd /usr/ports/archivers && grep bin/unrar {un,}rar/pkg-plist
unrar/pkg-plist:bin/unrar
rar/pkg-plist:bin/unrar

At this point removing one of each port (rar,unrar) destroy the
other bin/unrar.  Is this a desidered feature?

> And _why_ rar port works (on same file) and unrar not?
> (at least this is a but in rar that doesn't do correct locking?)

Ooppss, s/but/bug/  (as stated before I need a vacancy  :-)

Riccardo.

PS: we have the same problem at least with autoconf*/automake* pair,
    where installed files names overlapping.  IMVHO think this is a
    Bad Thing(tm).  (Anyway this is not a -CURRENT-only problem)