Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:24:35 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: complete lockup under large I/O?

mike> > I sometimes have similar problem.
mike> > In such case, ps shows many process are waiting at vmpfw or ppwait state.
mike>
mike> Is there one waiting in 'ffsvget'?  If so, we've seen this on a system
mike> here was well.  Luoqi and Tor seem to have some ideas on resolving it.

No such process.
Many proccesses waiting at vmpfw are 'cron'. It may be because I run
package build on MFS during night and found the machine freeze when I
woke up.

All states that can be found is:

accept
getblk