Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:45:46 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Mahlon Smith <reich@internetcds.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS mounting on Wintel/Macintosh

Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Mahlon Smith wrote:
>

> > Is is possible?
> > Can anyone steer me in a direction to start hunting?
>
> Sun sells an NFS client for Windows as part of Solstice.  Not sure about
> Macs.

There are several other NFS products for WinTel. The two main ones
that come to my mind can be seen at http://www.netmanage.com/index.asp
and http://www.intergraph.com/. Both have NFS servers for NT and
clients for Windows 9x/NT4+. I've used the NetMange NFS client when
the product was marketed by FTP Software. We had an NT server hosting
a large Oracle manufacturing database. Unix access to the NT server
was via Intergraphs NFS Server. Windows couldn't tell where Unix began
and vice versa on either one of this products. It didn't have the
impact of running Samba on the Unix side. FTP used to include the
source for PcNFS in their OnNet software developer kit.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA