Date:      Fri, 28 Oct 2011 00:09:17 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ExtUtils::MakeMaker problem

I have some modules that I need to install via CPAN, and I'm running
into a problem. This is on an 8.2-p4 system, using perl 5.12.4. Every
module I try to install runs into the following issue:

Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib"
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib',
'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00compile.t ............. ok
t/arch_check.t ............ ok
t/backwards.t ............. ok
t/basic.t ................. ok
t/build_man.t ............. ok
t/cd.t .................... ok
t/config.t ................ ok
t/dir_target.t ............ ok
t/FIRST_MAKEFILE.t ........ ok
t/fix_libs.t .............. ok
t/INST_PREFIX.t ........... ok
t/INSTALL_BASE.t .......... 1/20

It then hangs there forever. I've tried rebuilding/reinstalling perl, no
luck. Previously the MakeMaker port was installed, but I've reinstalled
perl several times since I removed it.

Any ideas?

			-- OK Go