Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:13:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Wolfgang Kess <bsdlist@kess.ch>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable XFree86 and wdm listening ports

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/08/08/FreeBSD_Basics.html

To quote:
"There are several ways to close this port; I've found the
easiest is to become the superuser and edit
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx. Find the serverargs line and change it so
that it looks like this:

serverargs="-nolisten tcp"
Once you've saved your changes, start X as a regular user and
rerun sockstat -4. If you didn't have any typos, X will start as
usual, but port 6000 will be missing in your sockstat -4
output."

I never run wdm so don't know there.

=====