Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:34:49 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cached MX

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 07:15:23AM +0200, Dave Wilson thus spoke:

> Does sendmail cache MX entries ?

Sure does.  Run   killall -INT named   and look at the
named.dumb.db file and you'll see MX entries.

> I have updated an MX record for mydomain.com on our DNS server,
> if I do a "dig MX mydomain.com" it shows the new updated MX, but
> when I use sendmail to try and send to mydomain.com sendmail still
> seems to be trying to send it back to the old host (MX record).

I have always prefered 'nslint' over DIG. It's in the ports.
Are you primary for your domain.  What does whois show?  Just a
thought?

--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com