Date:      Tue,  4 Jun 2002 07:53:11 +0200
From:      johann@broadpark.no
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PRINT: HP DeskJet 820Cxi

ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppbus0: IEEE1284 device found /NIBBLE/ECP
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <HEWLETT-PACKARD DESKJET 820C> SCP,VLINK
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

There's no doubt about it, it does get detected. Then why can't I lptest >
/dev/lpt0?

Note, as modems have winmodems this printer is labeled 'For Windows'. I hope
that won't interfere with anything.

Thanks.

-- Johann