Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:55:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Cc:        mbermal@ucsd.edu, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports not working

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 12:27:11AM -0800, Mark Bermal wrote:

> > What is happening with my ports?!?!?

> A lot of ports in 3.1-RELEASE are broken. You will have to get the new
> tarballs from ftp.freebsd.org!

This is complete crap.  If the ports were broken they'd be marked broken.
Freeciv and gettext are not broken (I just compiled both of them to
check).

Mark, you said in your original message:

> I just updated my ports collection (downloaded all the skeletons,
> added the ports upgrade package), and I am trying to compile freeciv
> 1.7.2, but i'm getting this error:
-error deleted-

In both of your messages you said that you were having trouble with
patches.  Can you tell us HOW you downloaded the skeletons (did you fetch
them manually, use CVSup or what)?  Where/how are you getting the
distfiles - from CD-ROM or download?  Once we have an idea of what you've
done we can try to determine what's wrong.  I just CVSup'ed the ports
yesterday and both gettext and freeciv patch and compile fine.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                        brett@daemonnews.org              *
							  *