Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:30:09 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade -> portmaster Rosetta Stone?

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 04:18:12 -0600, Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
wrote:

> -w : save old shared libraries before deinstall

Won't this leave a lot of cruft behind over time? I don't see the point in
keeping ancient shared libraries around for years and not knowing with
confidence what versions your ports are linked to. I'd rather just follow
UPDATING and make sure everything is properly linked against the newest.

On that note, does portmaster at least provide a way to keep track of
libraries it kept due to the usage of -w ?