Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 21:18:00 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@CirX.ORG>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anoncvs.freebsd.org: Sorry, the server is too busy

Hi,
On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 02:52:31PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I recently became maintainer of the Wine port, but I'm having a bit
> of a hard time working on the port because of
>
>   deneb[58]:/sw/test/ports% cvs update -PAd
>   Sorry, the server is too busy
>   cvs [update aborted]: authorization failed: server anoncvs.FreeBSD.org
>                                               rejected access
>
> Do you have any suggestions? (I don't have an account @freebsd.org and
> strongly prefer plain CVS over CVSup...)

My method:
Use net/cvsup-mirror to get a local repo,
then refer info cvs -> C-s passwd to setup a anonymous CVS.
(Also tune /etc/inetd.conf properly.)

I tried just setenv CVSROOT /my/local/repo, but it always
complain permission denied. Chmod the /my/local/repo will be rolled back
by cvsup next time :(

It may not be a formal way to do it, but works for me...

--
CirX - This site doesnt' exist.
9c  k9o h9 s1bg s1f, 7v  .y xqx a  sj m8r ffg1 vg5 a6 asox tmul h38.