Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:56:21 -0400
From:      "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
To:        "'Neil Blakey-Milner'" <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Please HELP!

That sounds good to me..

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Blakey-Milner [mailto:nbm@mithrandr.moria.org]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 5:58 AM
To: Lester A. Mesa
Cc: 'Maxim Sobolev'; freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG; Satoshi Asami

On Thu 2000-06-29 (14:35), Lester A. Mesa wrote:
> --------MAKEFILE---------------------------
> # New ports collection makefile for: vpopmail

Please note that we can't create packages for vpopmail, since it
hard-codes hostname, UIDs, GIDs.  I have a working port for it already,
but it requires that we add users and groups in pre-configure, which is
ugly.

Also, your port should not create files in /etc, it should be in
${PREFIX}/etc.

I have a patch-set on the way to the vpopmail maintainers to make it
more likely to include as a port at a later stage.  If I'm given the
go-ahead to do the evil create-user-and-group in pre-configure, I'll
import my port, which has been tested in quite a few environments
already.

Satoshi: What's your view on this?

(Would reserving a UID and GID for vpopmail be sufficient?)

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
Sunesi Clinical Systems