Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:13:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        insane@oneinsane.net
Subject:   Re: private cvsup

In article <15402.11927.3985.142103@witchblade.saic.com>, Ron Rosson
<insane@oneinsane.net> wrote:
> I am running a FreeBSD server that has the cvsup-mirror installed
> and is maintaing a copy of "The FreeBSD Tree". Now we are finding
> that we need to keep a private copy of OpenBSD as well.
>
> Is there a way for a FreeBSD server to givess access to OpenBSD and
> FreeBSD's source tree via CVSUP from the same machine. If so how
> could this be accomplished.

It's not hard to do.  Just create collections for the OpenBSD
sources as described in cvsupd(8).  Or, look at the existing server
config files for the FreeBSD sources and modify them appropriately.
You can put the new config files in with the FreeBSD ones, or better
yet, use cvsupd's "-c" option to segregate them into a separate
directory.  For example: cvsupd ... -c sup:sup.local ...

John
--
  John Polstra