Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:13:20 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   trying to get snd01041996-2.2-current.tgz into 3.0-970209-SNAP

I'm just trying to get a newer sound driver working in my 3.0-970209-SNAP
system I have here. I downloaded snd010411996-2.2-current.tgz (probably
from ftp://star-gate.com/pub/) and I've followed the instructions to the
best of my ability...

However, not understanding much about the kernel, whenever I try to do a
make depend (in /sys/compile/DYLAN) I get a lot of junk as follows :

In file included from ../../i386/isa/sound/adlib_card.c:30:
sound_config.h:34: local.h: No such file or directory
sound_config.h:40: os.h: No such file or directory
sound_config.h:41: soundvers.h: No such file or directory
sound_config.h:186: sound_calls.h: No such file or directory
sound_config.h:187: dev_table.h: No such file or directory

I've put the changes in files.i386 however I'm mildy confused
as to the other files in i386/isa/sound/freebsd/
conf.c.add and conf.c.add2, and I just can't find what I'm
supposed to do with them.

I'm not sure if this is some stupid mistake I have made or if
this driver just doesn't want to fit into this snapshot just
yet.

So, do I really need to do the make depend (yes I expect so) ?
and if so can someone explain what mkdep needs to know to find
these files properly ?

Thanks,

Steve Roome