Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:29:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        remy@synx.com
Cc:        cmetz@inner.net, mike@sentex.net, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD as a router

> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:11:10 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Remy Nonnenmacher <remy@synx.com>
>
> ie: http://www.iprg.nokia.com/products/ip400/
>
> The 'IP440' is a PC-based, FreeBSD operated router. Although, they
> don't advertise it but in their press releases. (Thanks to Malartre for
> this link :
> http://www.lmi.fr/c12565ef002d29ae/996ef68a9fd10db3c125669e00311b6a/129d72353914ed45c125669c0028b1c6?OpenDocument
> (Sorry, once again in French).
>
> Anyway, the IP440 casing is horrible. This leads to another question :
> I'm looking for a box designer, owning Gerbers, able to build a 1U,
> 19inch rackable PC-based system. Hints ?

  not just the IP440 but also teh IP210, IP330 and IP650.
  base line code is freebsd-2.2.6 with their own routing and TCP/IP code.
  the 210 uses the same case as the 440.  the 330 is a 1U box.
  the 650 is a 3U case with compact pci, hot swap cards.

> > time), but that might not be really necessary, and the difference in cost might
> > really be worth it.
>
> Hum... not for Nokia... prices start at 15 K$ for the IP440 !!

  talk to you Nokia rep.....hte 330 is much cheaper.
  we use Nokias everywher, and lots of them.
  very highly recommended.

jmb