Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:29:12 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@noc.ntua.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sleeping too lightly

--Boundary-02=_ad8FAlT/cv6uzGX

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 08:39 am, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
> > thinkpad t40p
> > pretty current
> >=20
> > S3 does suspend, and i have successfully tied it to the key and lid.
> > but it seems to burn battery anyway, like five hours eats 40% of it,
> > and it sleeps quite warmly.  any clues?
>=20
> Isn't it supposed to? I believe that you need S4 for complete poweroff.=20
> acpiconf(8) says something along these lines, too.
>=20
True, but it shouldn't eat battery that fast.  This sounds similar to what=
=20
happens on my system, turns out that the display isn't completely turned=20
off, only the backlight is turned off, and if you look really carefully=20
you can still see the video adapter is being powered.  From my=20
understanding the video card display driver should handle this case, but I=
=20
can't my card to work with any driver to issue these commands.
=2D-=20
Anish Mistry