Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:29:28 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        SebastienB <sebastien.bourdeauducq@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eagleflash problem on 6.x

On Saturday 03 June 2006 11:32, SebastienB wrote:
> > I have started the kernel backup with the bootloader, it now exhibits
> > exactly the same bug, which does not disappear after a power-cycle of
> > the machine. Your driver seems to have altered my hardware in some way
>
> Sorry for the wrong analysis. I missed out the bootloader error message
> saying the ACPI module was not found, and the lack of ACPI was the cause of
> the failure.

Ok.

> Moreover, your driver fixed the problem with eagleflash. Great work :)

Ok, good.

> The only problem I have now is this message when I bring up a Ralink USB
> 802.11 card :
> ural_newstate: cannot call usb_rem_task here, because it can sleep! (fixme)
> But the interface works anyway.

I also have a Ralink USB 802.11g external USB adapter, and it sometimes stops.
This can be fixed by doing a:

ifconfig ural0 down
ifconfig ural0 up

I will try to fix this problem during the summer.

By the way, if any USB developers are interested in helping out, porting all
the old USB device drivers to my new and Giant-free USB API, then please drop
me an e-mail. The current status of the work progress can be obtained by
browsing to:

http://perforce.freebsd.org/depotTreeBrowser.cgi?FSPC=//depot/projects/usb/src/sys/dev/usb&HIDEDEL=NO

--HPS