Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:41:55 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Marino Ladavac <lada@pc8811.gud.siemens.at>
Cc:        mkn <mkn@emailbox.hdtv.lucent.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unsupport calls

On Tuesday, 30 June 1998 at 13:51:39 +0200, Marino Ladavac wrote:

> On 30-Jun-98 Greg Lehey wrote:

>>> sigwait is in libc_r, being a part of POSIX pthread specification.
>>
>> That's a different sigwait.  This one is, by association, one of the
>> calls of the System V signals implementation.
>
> I beg to differ (and so do my SunOS 5 manpages).  The SysV simplified signal
> management APIs are:
>
> NAME
>      sigwait - wait until a signal is posted
>
> SYNOPSIS
>      #include <signal.h>
>
>      int sigwait(sigset_t *set);
>
>   POSIX

Oops, yes, missed that one.  I wonder why this program is mixing two
different signal implementations?  That way madness lies.

BTW, that reminds me that, though signal() was found, it's not the
same signal() that is used in the FreeBSD implementation.  But since
signal handling will need rewriting, mkn should drop signal()
altogether in favour of the POSIX.1 routines.

Greg