Date:      Thu, 03 May 2012 00:10:19 +0900 (JST)
From:      Ryusuke SUZUKI <ryusuke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gjb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ryusuke@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Inquiry

----Security_Multipart(Thu_May__3_00_10_19_2012_819)--

From: Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:17:42 -0400

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 09:35:20AM +0900, Ryusuke SUZUKI wrote:
> >  BTW, floppy is no longer a primary installation media.
> >
> >  How about moving the mention of the boot floppy media of "2.3.7 Prepare the Boot Media"
> >  to "2.13 Preparing Your Own Installation Media" like CDROM images?
> >

> I think this is a good idea.
>
> Though, the separation of "Prepare the Boot Media" and "Preparing Your
> Own Installation Media" has always confused me.  Mostly because the
> installation media section is the last section in the chapter.
>
> What do you think about merging these two sections at the beginning of
> the chapter?

  I like the idea of merging these two sections,
  since I also often confused when I was younger :)

  It seems that the installation media section is not separated until 4.3R.
  The separated installation media sections dates from 4.4R (1.89 -> 1.90).
  This section was separated for some reason,  but current structure made us confused.

  Regards,
     Ryusuke