Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 1995 09:19:31 -0500
From:      "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
To:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: SVNET Meeting?

I feel compelled to add something here...

   The first words from his mouth were anti Adaptec.  Now I'm not the
   greatest Adaptec fan, but I don't like their policy blown into
   something it isn't.  He basically said that they would not give enough
   information out to program the cards without an NDA.

That (mis)information originated from Julian Elischer.  Julian said
many moons ago that Adaptec's policy was such, and for a long time it
was touted as the reason for not having a 2x42 driver.  You can find
this in your own mail archives.

(I thought I'd corrected that long ago, but it appears not.)