Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:50:09 +0300
From:      "walid Nehme" <nastylid@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Increasing IP_FW_MAX_PORTS seems to fail

Dear sirs.
I'm in need to increase the max number of ports i use in rules (ipfw)
i use ipfw , dummynet. when i changed IP_FW_MAX_PORTS from 10 (default
/usr/include/netinet/ip_fw.h ) to 15 as much as i need i got the message
"ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument"
what is the link between IP_FW_ADD and IP_FW_MAX_PORTS array ?

and cheers luigi dont tell me to  just duplicate rules instead:
	ipfw add accept udp from X p1,p2,..,p9 to ...
	ipfw add accept udp from X p10,p11,..,p16 to ...
I'm using that method now but i have 300 or more clients and dupicating for
each client makes the rule set too large, increasing Max_ports, i can spare
about the half.

Explain plz in details how to do rize the max number of ports in rules?