Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:34:56 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Long filenames n MSDSO mounted filesystesm (3.0)

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999 at 09:05:07AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I am having a problem mounting the non-FreeBSD slices such that the
> 	long filenames are visible. If I put rw,l in /etc/fstab for options I
> 	get the message that the l option is not supported. I have set the type
> 	to msdos.
>
> 	What am I doing wrong here? An working examplewould be a wonderful
> 	thing.

Err, where did you get the ``l'' option from? Try just ``rw'':

# Device      Mountpoint      FStype  Options  Dump    Pass#

/dev/sd0s1c   /drvC           msdos   rw        0       0

You should be able to see LFNs. What version of FreeBSD are you
running? LFN support for FAT partitons was only introduced in 2.2.7