Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:49:44 -0400
From:      Brandon Falk <bfalk_bsd@brandonfa.lk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pre-make and Post-make scripts

I'm curious as to how the best way of having a script run before and after
make would be done. Would this require modification of the FreeBSD make
template, or is this functionality already built in?

The goal of this is to set up a script that prior to a build sends up a
filesystem in ram (tmpfs) for the build to occur in, and afterwards saves
the filesystem from ram onto the actual disk for backup/archiving. We all
know that our poor disks could use a little break from the strain of build
processes.

-Brandon