Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:57:03 +0000
From:      "Alexandre Vieira" <nullpt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best laptop for Freebsd

On 11/28/06, Abdullah Al-Marrie <almarrie@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/28/06, hackmiester (Hunter Fuller) <hackmiester@hackmiester.com>
> wrote:

> > > My vote is for Thinkpads
> >
> > Mine too. I have an R51. Man, that computer is awesome. No issues
> > with it, etc.
>
> Toshiba is good too, when you compare it's price with ibm, you'll find
> Toshiba with it's features is better choice.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Abdullah

Acers may or may not be a good choise.

I have a friend who bought one and it was all out of the box.

The two latest Acers I touched (one I bought and the other a friend bought
it) showed some problems.

ACPI implementation is horrible. I think they only tested it with Microsoft
Windows.

Some parts (ex: DVD drive) can be very poor quality parts and can fail
reasonably quickly.

Apart this everything works fine.

Cheers
--