Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 23:34:32 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Blackhat Firewall-1 Codes

Has anyone been playing with the demonstration codes for Checkpoint's
Firewall-1 from the Blackhat Briefing Presentations by Lopatic and
McDonald? The URL with the codes and other information is at,

  http://www.dataprotect.com/bh2000/

I have been trying to get the 'fw1tun' codes to run under FreeBSD. I
have been getting,

  $ ./icmp [args]
  sendto: Invalid argument

I've been running the programs in the debugger, but I just don't have
the experience with coding raw datagrams and sendto(3) to figure out
exactly what the problem is.

It's probably something obvious and the codes are only 140 and 230
lines long. Anyone have any advice?

Oh, just for the record, I am trying to see if some firewalls we have
(ones not on the Internet, so no games from any kids out there) can be
exploited.
--
Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.com