Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 13:35:06 -0400
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        Kai.Vorma@hut.fi, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tail dumps core

<<On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 18:15:02 +0300 (MSK), =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su> said:

> Why not use 'calloc' instead? bzero isn't portable way.
> Theoretically 'calloc' can do some internal optimization of zeroing.

Neither of these are portable unless the array being cleared is
composed of characters.  There is almost never any reason to use
calloc(3).

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.