Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 18:57:05 -0700
From:      Rob <robert@namodn.com>
To:        Theo Bell <freebsd@cfdnet.me.tuns.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape...

Netscape Navigator 4.x just inherently has stability issues,
memory leaks, etc.

There's a reason they scrapped it and started over.
( http://www.mozilla.org )

Compile it if you have time ( anyone know if the nightly
Linux build ( ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest )
runs ok on FreeBSD? Nightlies usually kick the milestone's butt.
I just do CVS.

When I need to run Java applets, I use `appletviewer`,
which comes with the Sun ( or IBM ) JDK ( just copy the
link and paste it to a term ). I this with Mozilla because
the Java hooks aren't quite done in the Unix browser
( although when it's done it will allow you to use whatever
JRE you want, BIG improvement over 4.x ), and I do this
in Netscape because it is a very buggy browser.

rob helmer
( namodn )