Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 15:37:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sean Eric Fagin's posting

[Very informative summary by Sean nipped.]

> (And, yes, I find Jordan's attitude that nobody should care, since there are
> other things that can be done to destroy a system, offensive.  Just as
> offensive as Intel's official suggestion that you can always reboot your
> system.)

If you do write a kernel patch, you might make it available on the web to
those who are interested.  This is sometimes the best way to deal with
things that are controversial.

I don't think Jordan's attitude is really that offensive (although his
mailing list persona is sort of grumpy).  I am actually more interested
that the operating system be made more solid in a general way rather than
seeing people scrambling to deal with the crisis du jour.

Charles Mott