Date:      Sat, 12 May 2007 01:33:23 -0400
From:      Schiz0 <schiz0phrenic21@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail libsasl2 error

Hey,

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p3. When I rebuilt my system, I added the
options in make.conf so it does not rebuild sendmail, then I installed the
updated version of sendmail from ports. My make.conf options for the
sendmail port are:

SENDMAIL_WITHOUT_IPV6=yes
SENDMAIL_WITHOUT_MILTER=yes
SENDMAIL_WITHOUT_NIS=yes
SENDMAIL_WITHOUT_SEM=yes
SENDMAIL_WITH_TLS=yes
SENDMAIL_WITH_PICKY_HELO_CHECK=yes

When I run "make maps" in /etc/mail/ I get the following error:

---------------------------------------
# make maps
/usr/sbin/makemap hash access.db < access
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libsasl2.so.2" not found, required by
"makemap"
*** Error code 1

Stop in /etc/mail.

"make cf" "make aliases" and "make install" all work fine. But "make maps"
fails with that error. Anyone know why and/or have solutions?

I don't want to use sasl auth. I just want to use the access db to
explicitly allow IPs which can use the server any way they want, and deny
everyone else.

Thanks in advance!