Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2020 07:59:10 +0200
From:      Daniel Ebdrup Jensen <debdrup@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WiFi with AC on FreeBSD

--y3e2m6kfenhcxpuf

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 08:44:21AM +0300, Rozhuk Ivan wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:53:07 +0200
>Daniel Ebdrup Jensen <debdrup@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> This is a very interesting draft, and it would be even better if it
>> could be included on the FreeBSD wiki [1], where it can be worked on
>> by more people.
>
>Ok, I will do this.
>

>> Have you thought about taking this one step further and making a very
>> small Linux appliance (ie. just the linux kernel with wpa_supplicant
>> and perhaps a few other utilities statically compiled)? I don't know
>> Linux well enough to know if it's possible, but it might even be
>> worth trying to set the values of the parameters you're changing via
>> kernel environment variables, if that's doable?
>
>I have no idea how to make and use "linux kernel + wpa_supplicant" :)
>OpenWRT can be rebuild (I suspect) with less ram and hdd requiremens,
>like 64-128 ram and 32-64 hdd. It is very strange for me that it can
>not boot if ram is less than 256mb.

Yes, that is rather strange.

I find [1] and [2] quite interesting, because those are some very low-memor=
y=20
systems, and they only have the kernel plus a statically built wpa_supplica=
nt,=20
as far as I know.

I'll ask around a bit, I might know someone who can help.

[1]: https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=3Dview&id=3D5250
[2]: https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=3Dview&id=3D5499

--y3e2m6kfenhcxpuf

--y3e2m6kfenhcxpuf--