Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:08:54 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Subject:   Re: zfs receive gives: internal error: Argument list too long

On Oct 29, 2009, at 9:51 PM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 09:51:46PM +0100, Ronald Klop wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm forwarding this, because there was no answer on freebsd-stable.
>>
>> Does anybody know about this and have some tips on how to solve it?
>
> Could you try this patch:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/zfs_recv_E2BIG.patch

It's caused a panic for me on 8.0-RC2/amd64. Seems a new problem,
never saw a panic in this situation before.

How to reproduce: With /usr/src and /usr/obj in a dataset, just

cd /usr/src
make clean

Instant panic, in less than 20 seconds.

Trying to get panic information, unfortunately I'm running on VMWare
Fussion and the silly thing doesn't offer the equivalent of a serial
console.

Borja.