Date:      Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:10:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <str@komkon.org>
To:        www@FreeBSD.org

Hello!

I have one suggestion and one request related to the mailing list
archives on www.freebsd.org

have all the e-mail addresses accessible, in clear
text in the HTML. Those addresses are routinely harvested by SPAMmers.
Many e-mail archives switched to the mode when they remove the e-mail
addresses from the headers and the body of all messages.

I suggest that FreeBSD team follows that good example.
A variation of that solution can be that addresses are available
for a subscribed person loged in via mailman interface if that
such necessity exists.

(Note, that some archivesm, e.g. Neophasis, while don't remove the address
completely, at least replaces the "@" symbol with a gif image.
While this is not the best solution, it at least reduces the
success of spammers' address harvesters.)

2. Personal request. Accidentally my very private address (particularly
not used to post to any public forums) got to a message _privately_ sent
to another mailing list subscriber.
That person posted my e-mail to the mailing list without asking my permission,
and did not remove any e-mail addresses.
Upon being pointed out, that person appologized, but..

I would greatly appreciate if you can manually remove the address
"igor@giganda.komkon.org" appearing in the body of the messages with the
following Message-ID:
<32866.192.168.100.1.1088557520.squirrel@192.168.100.1>
<20040629174641.N47396@metafocus.net>
<20040629191556.L47985@metafocus.net>
all under the thread "Re: ttyv for local only?"
  1. Jun 30 Dave                Re: ttyv for local only?
  2. Jun 30 Andrew Johns        Re: ttyv for local only?
  3. Jun 30 Dave                Re: ttyv for local only?

Thank you,

Igor Roshchin
System Administrator
KomKon Sites