Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 1996 11:39:04 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: raplayer under linux emulation?

>>> "David Langford" said:,
>>> "David Langford" said:
 > Charles Henrich
 > >
 > >Any of you crazy kids out there been able to get raplayer v2002ab to run un
     der
 > >linux emulation for FreeBSD 2.1R/stable/current?
 > >
 > >       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu
 >
 > No, the FreeBSD sound code is too old and flaky to be used with much
 > of the current Linux software on the street that uses sound code.
 > Raplayer requires a recent version of TASS and the sound code for
 > FreeBSD uses an old version that isnt entirly compatible.

Yes, the only change required for the linux emualation layer is the
support for mixer control.

As for the sound driver being old in the current release of FreeBSD maybe
however we do have tasd3.5. It works okay with my GUS PnP.

As for raplayer is an old style audio net tool which is supposed to be
upgraded to use rtp.

	Amancio