Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 19:34:21 -0400
From:      Lane Rettig <lane@rettig.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD FTP Download Question

I'm in the process of downloading FreeBSD via FTP so that I can place it
on a CD-ROM and install it on my system.

I originally thought that this would be as simple as downloading the
/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.2-RELEASE/ directory, recursively, from one
of the many mirrors.  I've downloaded the whole tree, excluding the
packages/ directory.  I thought the whole current FreeBSD release would
fit on a single CD-ROM.  But I see over 2 gigs of files in the packages/
directory.

For a standard FreeBSD 3.2 installation (to be burned onto a CD-ROM),
which files should I download?  Must the packages/ files be downloaded
and burned onto additional CD-ROMs, or are they optional?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time!

--
Lane "Sandman" Rettig <lane@rettig.com>

"To punish me for my contempt for authority,
 Fate made me an authority myself." - Albert Einstein