Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:10:05 -0400
From:      "Matt \"Cyber Dog\" LaPlante" <webmaster@cyberdogtech.com>
To:        <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Keep log_in_vain Value

I already tried:
==================================
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/sysctl.conf,v 1.1.2.2 2001/12/19 17:52:17 ru Exp $
#
#  This file is read when going to multi-user and its contents piped thru
#  ``sysctl'' to adjust kernel values.  ``man 5 sysctl.conf'' for details.
#
net.inet.udp.log_in_vain=0
But that had no effect upon reboot:

# sysctl -ae net.inet | grep vain