Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:00:13 +1000
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        spork <spork@super-g.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mmap and INN

> I've attached two messages I dug up out of the mail archives that seem to
> contradict each other.  Gary says mmap + INN is a good thing, and Mike
> says it's a bad thing...

No, Gary says it works.  I've heard plenty of people saying that a) it
doesn't always work for them, and b) it's faster without.

> Who should I listen to?  We're close to going live with a 2.2-stable news
> machine, and I'm a bit confused about what INN optimizations to go with.

Test it under your own conditions.  It's not hard to cut between two
versions to compare it with your workload.  You will note that this is
what I said last time, and I mean it - if you are going to depend on
*anything*, whether it be software or a gasket, TEST IT FIRST.

mike