Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 17:06:18 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@Powered-By.AC>
Cc:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>, john_wilson100@excite.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Please support FreeBSD 3.x as host OS]

> [ Moving this to -advocacy, since this is more an appropriate topic for
> them.  Please direct your replies to -advocacy. ]
>
> I wonder if VMware will have a booth at LinuxWorld Expo?  Perhaps it would
> behoove anyone who happens to be in the area to drop by and have a talk
> with the folks at the VMware booth (if they have one) about a FreeBSD
> port.  E-mail is great, but there is something different about a
> face-to-face encounter that might lend more weight to the "let's port
> VMware to FreeBSD" argument.  I for one am planning to do just that
> (assuming they have a booth, of course :) )

This would be a good idea, yes.

> Mayhaps it would also help out if the great jkh would also pay 'em a
> visit...

Actually, Sam Leffler works for VMWare.  Jordan and Sam spoke at some
length this time last year; there is no need to convince the tech
people there of the goodness of a BSD port - what's needed is customer
presence.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org