Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 21:23:05 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   looking for a decent Soundcard

Hello,

I'm just thinking of stuffing a decent sound-card into my
FreeBSD workstation and wondering which soundcard to choose.

I'm one of the kind for whom 'soundcards' are part of the
darker side of PCs. (remembering all these embarassing experiences
I had with soundcards friend's and collegues PCs ...)

Concerning the sound-quality and what I've read about FreeBSD's
sound-driver support in the past I like the gravis ultrasound productline.
But since the whole productline was put down by Gravis a few weeks ago ...

To make a long story short: I'm looking for a sound-card with decent
quality of sound (and signals ...) supported by FreeBSD, the
bad (NT 4.0) and the ugly (Win95) operating system.

Thanks in advance,
   Andreas Braukmann

--
/// TSE TeleService GmbH  |  Gsf: Arne Reuter        |
/// Hovestrasse 14        |       Andreas Braukmann  | We do it with