Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:18:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
Cc:        Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT & RAID 5

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Eddie Fry wrote:

> Oh, have you had any drives go bad in your array?  How was the recovery process?

That's a good question!  During some testing here, the rebuild goes fine,
but there are two problems:

- You have to be in the same room as the machine to hear it beeping so you
know there's a failure.
- You have to boot into the dos util that comes with it to initiate the
rebuild.

If there's a way to do this without the DOS step, I'm all ears...

Charles