Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:03:48 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Correct downgrade procedure

--=-P8lq/+xpWtByuT6SytGC

Hi all

I've been having increasingly annoying Xorg crashes with 7.1, on a
previously very reliable laptop[1], and am now trying to go back to how
it used to work, starting off by downgrading kernel + world to
7.0-RELEASE, which used to work quite nicely. If that fails to make any
huge strides, I guess I'll have to rollback the ports tree as well.

I was wondering if there was a best-practise way of downgrading? I guess
I will also have to rebuild all/most ports; that's what weekends are
for :)

Cheers

Tom

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2008-October/006822.html