Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:28:29 -0400
From:      tb <tb@material.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   yes! (Re: frustrating *dumb* problem getting php to work under apache)

markie@notwentytwo.freeserve.co.uk (Tue 08/12/03 at 10:01 PM +0100):

> As it sounds like you've done everything alright, could I suggest you try
> creating a page, for now index.php and inside putting the following

yeah, i was trying php scripts in .php files. i know, it
never hurts to ask...

> You'll want to do this with
>
> LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache/libphp4.so
> AddModule mod_php4.c
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> In the apache configuration...

BINGO! in three out of three (actually, more like ten out of ten)
of my test config files, i had two out of three of those lines.

i knew it was dumb mistake. otoh, i don't think i saw a single
FAQ that said 'HEY STUPID -- you need *three* new configs to
get this to work. so now i know. i'll make a note of it in my
httpd.conf and put it up somewhere.

THANKS MUCH! you brightened up my day. ok, now what kind of
beer should i attach? (just make sure you have the plug-in. :)

cheers,