Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 1995 12:49:15 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Pete Kruckenberg <pete@dsw.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Implementation of ext2fs for FreeBSD 2.2?

I've heard that the ext2fs (of Linux fame) is being added for FreeBSD
2.2. I remember reading several months ago a post by one of the people
who did ext2fs for Linux, that this time it would be "done right",
especially the filesystem quotas.

If someone could just take a minute, I'd like to know how ext2fs for
FreeBSD will differ from the Linux implementation, whether there'll be
filesystem quotas, and what other improvements it'll offer over ufs and
ffs.

Thanks for your help.
Pete Kruckenberg
pete@dsw.com