Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:17:10 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   If your -stable system hangs on boot ...

If you have PCI bios issues with -stable, please aplly
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/no-hang.diff.2
to the latest sources.  This won't address the hang that Nate is
seeing (I don't think), but it will (I hope) address the problem that
Scott Lambert and others have reported where the system hangs at
various points during the probe/attach process, but before we go
multi-user.

You will need to set
	hw.pci.ignore_pcibios=1
in the boot loader or with /boot/loader.conf to activate this patch.
It causes the PCI code to completely ignore the PCIBIOS that might
otherwise be on the system.

Chances are that if you don't route your interrupts, then pccard won't
work.  However, this will let us narrow problems down.

I've seen three problem reports since I MFC'd the PCI BIOS code from
current.  Two are on a toshiba laptop that won't boot on -current
anyway.  One is from someone who can't see the extra pci busses
anymore on his Compaq server.

Warner