Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:28:09 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        David Bogen <db@bogen.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is the archive of this list *never* available?

On 2001-08-09 09:51:21 -0700, David Bogen wrote:
> > Yes, I know there are other archives of the list, but this one is the one
> > people will try first.
>
> Is there any reason that the other achives of -stable aren't listed
> along with the error message that the -stable archives are unavailable?
>   Right now, unless you know ahead of time where the other -stable
> archives are hosted, you reach a dead end when you try a search on
> freebsd.org.  At least if the other archives were listed, people could
> click over to one of those archives and continue their searches with a
> minimum of fuss.
>
> On another note, is there something we could do to get these archives on
> -line again?  The question of why they are off-line remains unanswered.

Hi David,

we are using the old fulltext engine freewais-sf
for the mailing list search.

There is a problem with indexing the stable mail archive. The
indexing process died. I don't know why. I will check in the
next days which parts of the archive are the reason for the
indexer crash and if it possible to fix freewais-sf.

-Wolfram

--
Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org