Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 2004 21:09:13 +0200
From:      Georg Wagner <g.wagner@datacomm.ch>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with arabic fonts in version 1.1.1 and 1.1.2

Hallo,

I tried the german versions 1.1.1 for FreeBSD-4.10 and 1.1.2 for
FreeBSD-5.2.1.
Both had problems with arabic fonts. All arabic letters were printed on
a heap (depending from the font the effect was weaker or stronger, but
no font worked correctly).

Since the old version de-openoffice-1.1.0_1 from
http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/ did not have that problem ( the
version openoffice-1.1.0_1 for 4.11 worked too) . I am wondering what is
going on.

I found on the internet some remarks about the versions for Mandrake
Linux, which seemed to have the same problem. There it was related to
the freetype2 libraries.

Is this problem already known and being worked on?

Regards

Georg