Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:39:43 +0900
From:      "Jarrod @ HappyAtJamos" <admin@happyatjamos.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Known issues with LAPLINK connection on plip0 ?

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any issues with setting up plip
to network 2 PCs under FreeBSD 6.0??

I have 6.0 installed on two laptops, one old Toshiba 1GHz and one
VERY old Fujitsu P133.

I've followed the steps in the handbook regarding setting up plip0,
and ifconfig reports the following:

 > plip0:
flags=108851<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,NEEDSGIANT> mtu 1500
 >         inet 10.0.0.6 --> 10.0.0.5 netmask 0xff000000

Suggesting that as far as BSD is concerned, things are good.

However, ping does not work. I also keep getting this message:

 > "lp0: Too many errors, Going off-line." on ttyv0.

I've searched on Google and found a couple of people having
the same issue but haven't found a solution.

Can anyone offer any insight on what might be happening here?

Thanks kindly!

Jarrod.