Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:35:45 -0400
From:      Rod Person <roddierod@hotpop.com>
To:        Hackers FreeBSD <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bash scripting help/suggestions.

I'm creating a bash script and I need to know if a directory exists and if it doesn't create it. So far the only why I can see to determine if a directory exists is to try to cd to it and if it doesn't exists trap the error. Is there a better way or a function that I am missing? If not how do you trap a error in bash, if at all possible.

Rod

http://storm.prohosting.com/osbeef/osbeef.htm

'....musical rhythms can mess with your head...'
 - T La Rock
     "It's your's"