Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:12:52 +0200
From:      George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
To:        Rene Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: chromium 9 can't open any page

Is there a way to debug chrome in gdb?
I believe that the rendering thread for some reason time outs on 8.x.

I compiled chrome WITH_DEBUG on both 8 and 9 and only on 8 a check
fails at base/condition_variable_posix.cc:37
pthread_cond_wait returns nonzero.

void ConditionVariable::Wait() {
#if !defined(NDEBUG)
  user_lock_->CheckHeldAndUnmark();
#endif
  int rv = pthread_cond_wait(&condition_, user_mutex_);
  DCHECK(rv == 0);
#if !defined(NDEBUG)
  user_lock_->CheckUnheldAndMark();
#endif
}

The chrome executable is over 1.5GB
I tried ./chrome --renderer-cmd-prefix='xterm -e gdb72 --args'
so i can get a backtrace but gdb dies, i added 4 more gigs of memory
to my desktop (total 8GB) but it didn't make any difference.

On a side note chromium 9 builds fine with clang from head, just by
using clang=1 at GYP_DEFINES.

Thank you for your work!