Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 22:31:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   xfree86-4

Hi folks,

In order to test the XFree86-3 -> 4 transition, I ran two package
builds with identical ports trees and options except for the
XFREE86_VERSION variable.  They are in

  http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/e.4.20001204/ (XFree86-4)
  http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/e.4.20001206/ (XFree86-3)

There are 230 errors in the former and 151 in the latter.

The current plan is to switch over to XFree86-4 once 4.0.2, which is
supposed to have fixed PAM support, is imported (should be in a couple
of weeks -- Taguchi-san is working on it now).  That way we can test
it enough before 4.3.

-PW